Tuesday, September 24, 2013

'afeared' is a cooler word than 'afraid'

I'm afraid of your voicemail, because that means you didn't answer, or can't answer, but I'll assume you didn't answer. I'm afraid of the day that you'll leave and I'll be okay with it. But that's an irrational fear because I'll never be okay with it.

I'm afraid of being dramatic. I'm afraid of it translating to my writing. I'm afraid of writing. No, I'm afraid of what will come out.

I'm afraid of my neighbors because I walk around my house in a bra and don't close the windows. When I introduced myself to her, she just said, "Oh, I know. I've seen you before." More like "My ten year old son saw you dancing in your kitchen. Put some clothes on, skank." Tell him to keep his eyes out of my window, bitch.

I'm afraid of calling someone a bitch cause it's really mean and unnecessary and I don't want my mom to find out.

I'm afraid of failing. I'm afraid of success. I'm afraid of confidence. I'm afraid of coming off as timid. I'm afraid of birds. I'm afraid of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. I'm afraid of using the word afraid too much. I should say scared. Or frightened. Afeared is pretty cool, too.

When you get so afraid, I guess it's hard to live. I think I'm at that point. But, I'm afraid to live, so I guess it's okay. Actually, I'm afraid of wanting to live, and then not living.

I'm just afraid of being afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment