Sunday, November 24, 2013

How To: Write A "Break-Up Even Though We Were Never Together and I'm Still Not Over You" Poem

First: Identify the person that you are breaking up with, even though they probably never even liked you back and you kinda just really liked them.
Example: Tony Smith. (I'm really sorry if you're name is actually Tony Smith, or if you like someone named Tony Smith. You should probably stop reading now, because the rest of this post will just be awkward.)

Second: Dramatically question everything. Ever.
Example: Did you ever even like me? When you said "Hi" to me, did you actually mean it? Do you remember when you said you liked my laugh?

Third: Bluntly put it all down on paper. Name and all.
Example: Tony, once I liked you and I know that you didn't even like me but I'm a dramatic teenage girl so hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii. lol.

Fourth: I dunno, get over it now, or something. It worked for me.

My Break-Up Even Though We Were Never Together and I'm Still Not Over You Poem:

Is it bad I got jealous?
(yes.)
Is it bad I don't like her?
(yes.)
Is it bad I knew we never had a chance...but I pretend we did?
Is it bad that I think of laying  my head on your chest?
Is it bad I still practice my signature with your last name?

I'm done with this whole "vague poetry" thing.
Tony Smith, I wish I wasn't so awkward around you!
Tony, I'm so sick of remembering "ninth grade"
...can we just enjoy senior year?
Tony...will you understand me for a second?
'Cause all I want to do is understand you.



Let's all take a moment to applaud me, because I saw him and his girlfriend holding hands last night, and was able to be genuinely happy for them. Also, I really like his girlfriend. And I had a conversation with him where I wasn't completely awkward and he actually laughed at my jokes, and it was great cause we're friends. Yesssssss.

No comments:

Post a Comment