Sunday, November 3, 2013

Rhyming Poems

I miss you.
'Cause without you
my sky's less blue,
ain't nothing true,
and frankly,
I don't know what to do.
You told me that there's some good in rhyming poems,
that night we sat outside my home,
and I just rolled my eyes
and looked toward the sky...
and thought it can't be true.
Because nothing rhymes with orange
(except for door hinge)
and if I'm feeling orange
I have to find a way to say door hinge
even if I'm looking through a window.

I know this poem sucks
(something something bucks)
I really just want to say I miss you,
and that you impacted my life, too.
I thought I was your mentor
and I'm now realizing you're the real Dumbledore,
because even he had to make mistakes.
I never realized what we had
until everything went bad
and all I heard was your voicemail,
but I left a message anyway.

I thought I'd try a rhyming poem,
like I promised I would outside my home,
but I told you it would sound stupid,
do you believe me now?

Why am I still writing
when we're not even fighting?
You're never going to read this,
but I hope you know it's you I miss.

1 comment:

  1. You told me that there's some good in rhyming poems,
    that night we sat outside my home,
    and I just rolled my eyes
    and looked toward the sky...

    I don't know why I love this so much

    ReplyDelete