Sunday, December 1, 2013

Meine Familia.

I'mma take a second to tell y'all about my family, because life has been the same and the poems are tired of being written.

(I realize that this could possibly lead people to find out who is really behind Miss Penelope Jude...but I honestly don't care anymore. Let them eat cake, ya know?)

So, I have a sister. Two, actually. The first is...well, let's call her Anne. Anne is married and has three kids and loves them dearly, and allows herself to be burnt out just to make sure her dad is okay. She has no filter, yet is one of the most sensitive people I've ever met. She doesn't realize the consequences of her actions, and doesn't think before she acts, and won't remember how she affected you. She was the babysitter of the family, and once you made her cry you could get whatever you wanted.

The other one? Extremely sensitive, as well. And I suppose you could call her Lucy. Lucy isn't thinking her life through, she just rides on what makes her happy. Her soon-to-be-fiance got home from his mission three weeks ago. She told me the other day she wants a honeymoon baby and I just laughed.

Then comes the brothers. The first, Jake, isn't around much and he will never realize how much I miss him. He's been married twice, and divorced twice, but his daughter is the light of everyone's lives. Then there's Josh. Josh was one of "those" kids in high school. You know, the one's you STILL hear about. His name is literally hanging up on a plaque in the hallway. Everyone loved Josh. People tell me they knew him well, but when I ask him about them, he doesn't know who they are. Josh just got married (and by "just", I mean two years ago, but it's really hard for me to let go) and is expecting a baby girl this month. Josh's in-laws are everything he's wanted a family to be. I guess our family is a close second. And I just put close in there to make myself feel better.

And of course the parentals. My mother is near perfect. And my dad lives to protect her. It's hard to believe these two amazing people gave birth to us. And that they still love us (I think)

Then there's me. Penelope; the youngest, the annoying, the outspoken, the brat, the spoiled, the realist. And everyone knows it.

You don't even want to know how the holidays go at my house. Anne cries, her husband blames. We all rejoice when Jake actually shows up, and aren't surprised when he leaves. Lucy jokes, but don't cross her path. Her sour attitude spreads faster than swine flu. Josh laughs too loud and talks too much, while his wife just sits and observes. My mom serves, my dad listens, 
and I'm the causer of it all. 

My mom doesn't deserve grief like this. I wonder if I just left if it would all get better. I think Anne would cry a little less, and Jake would be the same. Josh wouldn't have to answer annoying questions anymore, and no one would piss off Lucy. And I think my dad would still just sit and listen.

How did we get so many personalities in one family. 

alskdfjiewsjdlfsakdfjwireujasdf.

What even are my blog posts lately?

LOL, what even am I lately?

Believe it or not, I'm still so excited for Christmas. Even with the chaos that is my family, and Thanksgiving didn't really turn out right.

Okay, maybe I'll write a poem now or something.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE PENELOPE JUDE. I'm always waiting for your posts. And I liked how you wrote about each individual in your family.
    "LOL, what even am I lately?"

    ReplyDelete