Thursday, October 10, 2013

Quiet

Partly inspired by this song (except, let's be honest, my love life is about as nonexistent as Nelson's love for spiders, so just close your eyes and take it out of context) and this post (Thanks for the inspiring writing, Devastated Daisy)

I guess it's possible that you're scared, but please understand how I feel. My mind is a wildfire, spreading down my body, burning everything it touches. And what's worse is that I've begun to crave the burn. The sensation feels good on my bones and I refuse to stop it, even though the damage is probably worse than I can imagine.

I guess it's possible that you're scared, but please know I need you. That's why I reached out. I reached out so blatant I thought there was no going around it. After hints and hints, year after year, day after day, I finally burst. I couldn't remain quiet, it was getting far too serious. I recognized all the warning signs...didn't you?

Why didn't you?

Did you stop caring? If I would have known those promises were empty, I would have walked away. I would have walked, and the fire would have burned, and I would have liked it. But you held me so hard, so close, there was no way. For that moment in my life, I was comforted. Everything was going to be okay, I truly believed that...I don't know why.

I suppose I've glorified you in my head. I can't tell you the number of times I've cursed your name, then hated  myself for it. They say everything happens for a reason, and I always thought we were put together because you were supposed to be my gift, but now I'm just confused.

As if I wasn't confused before.

I guess it's possible that you're scared, but I'm scared enough for the both of us. I really don't know how much more time before there is until the fire takes me completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment