Friday, October 25, 2013

The Second Star to the Right...

Don't you wish you could just go to Neverland?

They say all it takes is faith, trust, and a little pixie dust. Well, I have faith, and certainly there's some trust, but what happened to my pixie dust?

How come you never came for Peter?

I would have stayed in Neverland with you. I would have stayed there forever, and mothered the Lost Boys, and you'd fight Captain Hook, and I would never make you grow up. We'd live in a world of our own, cause we make the rules. Who knows, maybe I would have gotten along with Tink! I don't think I'd be jealous of you and Tiger Lily. Actually, I would, but I'd hide it, because you would want me to. I'd probably have a beautiful voice and I'd sing about being a mother as our Boys fell asleep. Even if my voice wasn't beautiful, you wouldn't know anything better. I would be the best.



Do you understand that Peter? Do you understand what we could have had? But, you never came for me. Why didn't you come? It's too late, now. It's too late because I'm too old, and I know what a hickey feels like, and sometimes I swear, and I can never be okay with mothering Lost Boys because I want to live, I want to try, and I want to scream, cry, sing, yell, smile, and I want to know why. 


I get it, I GET IT. I can't come back. I can't take back time and I can't redo junior high and I read the American Girl Doll catalog and I can't believe in Santa and I can't play dress up...I get it. 

I just don't like it.

Go ahead, hate on me for writing a cliche post. Hate the fact that like every other senior, applying for college scares me. Get annoyed that I stuck in some GIFs. Roll your eyes and think "Not another sad, depressed, angsty post." Feel free to talk to me about it, I'll get back to you as soon as I can. But for now, I'm trying to go to the second star to the right...and straight on until morning.

2 comments:

  1. "Even if my voice wasn't beautiful, you wouldn't know anything better. I would be the best." Pure unadulterated beauty.

    ReplyDelete