Sunday, October 13, 2013

Third Post

It was just today that I realized how important it is to listen to your bones.

It's more important than listening to your heart, or your head,
because in the end, those stop,
stop beating,
stop thinking,
but your bones will always be here.

Do you want to know what my bones are telling me?
My bones are telling me that it's okay to be happy.
My bones are telling me that I am sad,
and yes, they know I am sad,
but it's okay to be happy.

Today I didn't want to get out of bed because my head hurt,
my heart hurt,
and I hurt.
But my bones forced me up,
and while my mouth didn't smile,
my bones guided me through grass,
pushing me along,
thank heavens they never let me stop.

I got in trouble today.
Not real trouble, just the scolding kind.
My head hung itself and my heart wept,
but my bones carried me through.

I used to think going through the motions was a bad thing,
that you need to put your heart and soul into everything.
But sometimes your heart and soul get in the way,
and your bones know what to do.

My head is telling me this is stupid.
My head is saying that the 'No comments' means no one likes my work,
no one cares about my feelings,
no one likes me.
My heart is relishing in the drama my head creates.
My bones remind me that I don't write for you,
in the end it's all for me.
My bones said that if someone needs to hear what I have to say,
they will find it,
 but for now it's me that has to hear what I have to say.
My bones are guiding me through.

I thank the Lord for my bones.

4 comments:

  1. Just read your whole entire blog and I am in love. So beautiful. So much stealing. I am a fan, I will be back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's been like a week since you commented this...but I hope you understand how much this comment meant to me. I admire your work so much, thanks for taking the time to read my blog. Also, the fact that you had a link to my blog on yours made me jump. It's almost like you're Adam Levine or something. I really love Adam Levine. (I feel like that was a really awkward thing to say to you...sorry. Kinda)

      Anyway, thank you. When I get discouraged I think of this comment.

      Delete
  2. "I thank the Lord for my bones"
    #CanIBarrowThis?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude.

    Great post. Comparing your head, your heart, your bones. I loved it.

    "My head is saying that the 'No comments' means no one likes my work," - such a real sentence. So many people feel the same way. This is one of the worst feelings. But I love how your bones just keep on truckin'.

    "But sometimes your heart and soul get in the way,
    and your bones know what to do."

    That's a T-shirt.

    ReplyDelete